Saturday 17 February 2018

CONTENT CURATION TOOLS

Many people search the web, read content every day and share that content. While advances in search technology has made finding information easier and easier, saving and organizing information in a way that captures a story or conversation can still be very challenging. Content curation tools were created in order to filter, select and curate, as its name suggests, all new information. 

There are several `Content Curation Tools´ but, in this post, you will find four different resources to curate all the information that you find interesting. 

To start working in content curation, I created an account in all of them and I started familiarising myself with the tools but, in this post I will explain you what is Pearltrees and how to use it.

 

What is Pearltrees?

Pearltrees is a tool where you can add any type of information seamlessly, from news to training documents, coming from the Web, your mobile or the server of your company. Organize them, share them, retrieve them and discuss them in real time, with friends and colleges. 
This curation system enables any user to define their own areas of collaboration. Information is organized and becomes truly meaningful by going beyond sharing and allowing people to take ownership of the information.
Pearltrees enables everyone to benefit from the skills of all the others while respecting their confidentiality.  
Overtime, the information placed in this tool builds up a true collaborative library. Whatever the topics or the amount of users, it remains simple, what makes its use a simple task. 

A Pearltree is made up of Pearls. A Pearl is simply a link to web content that a user wants to save and organize.  The content can be a blog post, article, Tweet, picture, video or any other online media that has a permalink/URL.

 

How To Do It

1. Open a new tab or window in your browser and go to pearltrees.com
2. Follow the steps to create an account and sign in. 
3. Watch this video to see how to set up a collection and add resources.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhUPIRfJLF0
Getting Started with Pearltrees. By EducationCloset.

 Now... Take a look mine!  
 
Weloveictinclass
 
 qrcode
 
In my desk I have added some interesting resources to work with CLIL, the CLIL Guidebook, websites with free sample materials, projects and activities, but also, I have attached my blog and the link to access to Voki, the best resource to create an avatar for both, my blog and my pearltree desk.

I hope you enjoyed my post.
Spread my ideas!
:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment